lördag 4 januari 2014

Canvas painting

I'm really astonished that this new year has started so great creatively for me. As I mentioned in my previous post I've had a hard time finding what I want to do, or to choose among all the things I want to do. But then I read Tracy Verdugo's blog where she wanted us to mention one intention for this new year.

One of my intentions is to be more persevering, persistent, to go on and go through with what I'm doing. I often give up thinking that everyone is much better than I am and that I might as well quit.

So, I've been wanting to make a canvas painting for a long time. I've looked at all the beautiful canvases that all talented artists out there have made and ended up not daring. Today I had the word persistent in my head and just started making my painting without thinking too much. I knew what colours I wanted to use and then I just made it.

The quote says "Don't grieve what you miss, be happy for what you have". I like that quote. It's so easy to forget to be happy over the things and people that fill your life and to focus on what you don't have.

Anyway... I started with painting one layer of gesso on the canvas, then went on with decoupaging some napkins and after that painted with different blue, green and white acrylics. Then I did some stamping, and  making circles with metallic paint. Some washi tape and a brown string and then it was finished.

I'm really happy with the result!



Inga kommentarer: